Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge
The Serengeti Serena safari lodge is an award winning, magnificent gem hotel set in the beautiful Tanzanian wilderness. The African style lodge, including its breathtaking infinity pool, offers guests panoramic views of the vast Serengeti and the wildlife within. The lodge has been designed to blend into the surrounding landscape without disturbing the nature that surrounds it.
Sixty five guest rooms and one main suite are housed in a collection of “rondavels” – (a traditional circular African dwelling with a conical thatched roof) arranged around the lodge’s stunning infinity pool. Set on a hill towering over the endless rolling plains below, this setting gives you a front seat to Africa’s biggest show – The Mara River Migration.
Rooms are decorated in warm earthy tones and brightly coloured fabrics. All rooms feature their own private entrance, hand-made wooden furniture, spacious bedrooms and natural stone bathrooms. Complimentary wireless (wifi) internet and 24 hour room service, comes complimentary.
The beautiful Standard Room features the following in-room amenities:
- King Bed
- Complimentary wireless internet (wifi)
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee making facilities
- Private balcony
- Standing/table fan
- Mineral Water
- Complimentary bathrobe and slippers
- Work desk and chair
- Eco-Boutique bath amenities
The stunning Serengeti Suite features the following in-room amenities:
- Master Bedroom with luxury King Bed (with mosquito net)
- Sitting area with mini bar and flat screen television.
- Welcome Fruit and wine
- Complimentary Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee facilities
- Private Balcony
- Standing/table fan
- Complimentary Mineral water
- Complimentary Bathrobe and Slippers
- Work Desk and Chair
- Eco-Boutique bath amenities
- Dressing Area
- Marble en-suite bathroom
- 24 hour room service
Family Holiday Packages
The Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge offers family-friendly accommodation, children’s dining, babysitting services, activities, sports and educational entertainment for children of all ages.
Family accommodation / Meal / Entertainment options available:
- Adjoining rooms
- Triple rooms
- Additional beds
- Cots and babysitting services can be provided (upon prior notice)
- Highchairs can be provided
- Baby-friendly food options available
- Meals can be adapted to children’s dining schedules.
- Fun volleyball
- Kids football
- Swahili lessons
- Assorted board games
- Cookery classes
The restaurant and dining experience is just as impressive as the surrounding area. Mornings will start with a warm cup of tea or coffee on your private balcony followed by a delicious English breakfast. Both breakfast and lunch are served buffet-style and feature a wide range of delicious choices. Sundowners can be enjoyed in the bush, or a cocktail on the terrace overlooking the stunning infinity pool. All meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables are locally sourced.
Dietary restriction can be taken into account upon prior notice.
Guests are woken up with an early morning cup of coffee/tea followed by a morning Game drive. This gives guests a great chance to see The African big five (Elephants, Rhino, Lions, Leopards and Buffalo). Upon arrival Chilled Sparkling wine and Fresh orange juice is served followed by a full English breakfast.
a Hot freshly prepared lunch is set and served in the beautiful Savannah grassland, under beautiful Acacia Trees. On the four course menu served:
- Grilled meat – charcoal grills
- Sweet desserts and tropical fruits
- a Cash bar is available
Elegant cocktails are served against the backdrop of the African sunset. Guests will be driven to a scenic area where comfortable chairs, lamps, a campfire, bush bar and cocktail snacks await.
Served in a specially selected location on the plains or at the camps dedicated bush dinner site (overlooking the migration) a five course meal will be served. Vegetarian options are available.
Balloon Safari Bush Breakfast:
Offering guests a stunning view of the wildlife below, the balloon drifts across the Serengeti at dawn. Upon landing guests are greeted with a glass of chilled champagne and a full English breakfast.
Activities available on site
Daily Game drives:
Daily Game drives are taken in custom built, open sided, six person safari vehicles. All safari vehicles offer on-board refreshment and can be taken at sunrise or sunset.
Predominant game on View includes: Wildebeest, Lion, Hyena, Cheetah, Zebra, Giraffe, Gazelle, Eland, Impala, Klipspringer, Hippo and Warthog
Guests are awoken at 5:30am with a warm cup of tea or coffee followed by a short drive to the take of point. The flight is performed by a fully-qualified balloon pilot. The flight duration is 45 minutes in total. On arrival a glass of chilled champagne is served upon landing followed by a full English breakfast.
What to Pack
Items that you must bring:
- Valid Passport / Valid Visa & another picture ID.
- a Photocopy of your passport page to be carried in your wallet.
- Airline Tickets
- Recommended inoculations (vaccinations)
- Correct Currency
- Travel Insurance
Most African adventures include some time in the outdoors, and a basic personal medical aid kit is recommended. The following items should be included:
- Prescription Medications
- Malaria Medication
- Motion sickness tablets
- Allergy treatments
- Insect repellents
- Band aids
Casual and comfortable clothing is suitable throughout the year, but please note that the weather is unpredictable and the nights may become cold even in the hottest summer months. It is very important to pack warm clothing for chilly nights and sudden changes in climate.
The most practical items to pack:
- Colours: khaki, brown, white and beige. Avoid bright colours as you would like to blend in as much as possible.
- Light cotton tops, trouser and shorts.
- Long sleeved blouses/shirts for game drives, evenings and cooler days.
- Fleece sweater or a warm jacket.
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Good socks and comfortable walking boots.
- a Versatile scarf can be used as a shoulder wrap, shawl or head wrap and takes very little place in your baggage.
- Remember to pack all prescription medications.
Comfort is key when going on a safari. Remember that game drives or walks can be up to 3 hours or longer so make sure you are comfortably dressed. Tip: Wear layers of clothes as the day can start chilly but warm up rather quickly.