One Nature Nyaruswiga Serengeti
Situated in the heart of Central Serengeti, this ultra luxurious camp is surrounded by breathtaking views and plains without end. The destination provides rich and diverse residential wildlife and the great Mara River Migration takes place yearly. Bordered by beautiful hills and untouched plains this beautiful valley area is blessed with a permanent source of drinking water throughout the year. Guests can enjoy both privacy and being part of the wilderness that surround them.
Twelve (12) Luxury Tents:
The rooms are described as “sophisticated” luxury.
- Facing the African Savannah
- Decorated with handcrafted furniture and romantically lit by a elegant silver chandelier
- Emperor sized teak bed with a Perfect Sleeper Serta Mattress, Silk Linen and Duvet Covers (100%, 400 thread count – Egyptian cotton) and four (4) European goose down pillows
Indoor Lounge Area:
- Wood-burning Stove
- Copper freestanding bathtub
- Stocked private in room leather bar
- Private enclosed en-suite
- Two designer scone-lights
- Indoor shower and Stunning outdoor shower
- His and Hers Copper wash basins
We would recommend these rooms for the perfect Honeymoon, Romantic Getaways or just for a trip on your own to recharge and rest.
One (1) Luxury Family Tent:
Designed to comfortably accommodate up to four guests and is ideal for families.
- Handcrafted furniture
- Silver chandeliers
- Emperor-sized canopied bed with Serta Mattresses and the Finest Linen and duvet covers (made from 100%, 400 thread count Egyptian cotton)
- European goose down pillows
- Wood Burning Stove
Family Living Room:
- Plush Couches
- Two (2) ultra spacious en-suite bathrooms
- Indoor shower and Outdoor Shower
- Solid teak walls and flooring
- His and hers wash basins
- Scone lights
- Copper clue foot bathtubs
Outdoors: Outdoor fireplace, Picnic Area, Outdoor Furniture, Sun Terrace, BBQ facilities, Terrace and Garden.
Wellness: Swimming pool, Umbrellas, Loungers, Pool Towels, Outdoor Pool, Hot tub/Jacuzzi, Massage (at additional charge)
Accessibility: Toilets with grab rails, Wheelchair Accessible.
Pets: Please take note that no pets of any sort is allowed – for their own safety.
Activities: Badminton, Library, Game Rooms.
Dining: On Game Drives, fresh fruits, Bottled water, wine, champagne, kids meals, Special dietary menus on request, Snack Bar, Breakfast, Bar and Restaurant
Internet: Wifi is available in all areas – free of charge
Reception Services: Luggage storage, Currency exchange
Family Services: Children’s outdoor play area, Board Games and Puzzles
Cleaning Services: Daily maid service, Ironing Service and Laundry
General: Shuttle Service, Lounge, TV area, Airport shuttle, Shuttle services (at additional cost), Designated smoking area, Allergy free room, Heating, Car Hire, Packed lunch, Gift Shop and a Safety Deposit Box
Six Languages spoken in this camp: Swahili, French, Spanish, English, German and Arabic. We strongly advise that measures for malaria prevention are taken at least six weeks before travel.
First Class Facilities include:
Main Guest Lounge and Bar
- Fitted with solid European Oak flooring
- Luxurious interiors
- Comfortable Furnishings
- Custom crafted indoor lounge sets
- Fully Stocked Bar
Experiences at One Nature Nyaruswiga Serengeti
Safari Game Drives:
During each unique, expertly guided trip, any of the following wildlife might be seen:
- Africa’s Big Five, Wildebeest, Zebra, Antelopes, Giraffes, Cheetahs, Hyenas, Hippos, Crocodiles, Primates and over 500 species of bird life.
An interesting fact about the African Elephant is that it is the world’s largest land animal. The biggest can be up to 7.5 meters long and 3.3m high at the shoulder, weighing 6 Tonne. That is a jaw dropping 6000 kilograms. The Mara River is also home of the The Mara River crocodiles, the biggest crocodiles in Africa.
The bird life in the area is another beautiful sight to be seen, especially on the forest edge. Notable bird species (of the total 500) include Woodpeckers, the African Kingfisher, Grey breasted spurfowl, Kori bustard, Rufous-tailed weaver, Secretary bird and Fischer’s lovebird. Kingfishers are one of the most brilliantly coloured birds, and may have loud voices and a dramatic wooing display whilst the Fischer’s lovebird best known for their beautiful colouring and energetic nature.
All vehicles’ are fully modified with luxurious interiors and ergonomically designed seats with extra suspension. Max amount of passengers per trip consists of four passengers per vehicle insuring privacy and comfort.
Most Popular activity: The great Mara migration
Approximately 260,000 zebra, 1.7 million wildebeest and roughly 470, 000 gazelle cross the majestic river giving birth to over 500,000 calves within a 2 to 3 week period.
Fascinating facts about the migration:
- The migration may seem like a frenzy but research has shown, the wildebeest possess what is known as “swarm intelligence”. The Wildebeest systematically explore and overcome as one.
- Zebra and Wildebeest graze in harmony as they eat different parts of the same grass.
- Wildebeest have no natural leader resulting in the herd splitting up into smaller circles.
- There are more than 3,000 lions that follow the migration across the reserve.
Other activities include:
- Balloon Safari
- Private Photographic safari
- Bush dining
- Star gazing
- Walking Serengeti
- Manyara Village Tour
- Manyara Canopy walks
What to Pack
Items that you must bring:
- Valid Passport / Valid Visa & another picture ID.
- a Photocopy of your passport page to be carried in your wallet.
- Airline Tickets
- Recommended inoculations (vaccinations)
- Correct Currency
- Travel Insurance
Most African adventures include some time in the outdoors, and a basic personal medical aid kit is recommended. The following items should be included:
- Prescription Medications
- Malaria Medication
- Motion sickness tablets
- Allergy treatments
- Insect repellents
- Band aids
Casual and comfortable clothing is suitable throughout the year, but please note that the weather is unpredictable and the nights may become cold even in the hottest summer months. It is very important to pack warm clothing for chilly nights and sudden changes in climate.
The most practical items to pack:
- Colours: khaki, brown, white and beige. Avoid bright colours as you would like to blend in as much as possible.
- Light cotton tops, trouser and shorts.
- Long sleeved blouses/shirts for game drives, evenings and cooler days.
- Fleece sweater or a warm jacket.
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Good socks and comfortable walking boots.
- a Versatile scarf can be used as a shoulder wrap, shawl or head wrap and takes very little place in your baggage.
- Remember to pack all prescription medications.
Comfort is key when going on a safari. Remember that game drives or walks can be up to 3 hours or longer so make sure you are comfortably dressed. Tip: Wear layers of clothes as the day can start chilly but warm up rather quickly.